Saturday 6 August 2011

Anime

Well , judging by my friends and the other people around me , I would seem to have a rather odd habit for someone my age .The fact is , I like anime . Well everyone liked it when they were kids , I mean . Cartoons were all that we used to see right ? In those days ? But I still like them , to be honest . Well don't get me wrong ,  what I'm talking about is not cartoons . It's anime . Yeah , that sounded weird , but actually , there's a HUGE difference . Cartoons refers to all 2 D moving characters in general  . Anime is something much much more special . It's a special sort of art , you could call it , that originated in Japan , years ago . That's what separates them from all other cartoons in general . The characters , there's a special type of drawing them . That make them look real , like actual beings with lives and emotions , but not overdoing it , so it seems like they're actually real , like in real life . That's the thing which never fails to entertain millions of people , it's a hugely popular thing all around the world . If you go to youtube , and check out anything to do with anime , like an intro song of a certain series perhaps , youll find good comments , by people of ALL age groups .Well , when you see a film , what you see the characters doing in pretty much confined to the limits of how well the guy hired to act that character can pull it off . But that's never actually completely possible you know ? Cause the scriptwriter and director probably have an idea of what they want that particular character to do in the film , and they guide the actor in that way , but in very few cases does the actor actually manage to pull it off . And when he does, the film that comes out is either an oscar-winning superhit , or a well known blockbuster that not only tops the charts but remains in the hearts and minds of the people for a long long time to come . But in anime , each character is skillfully drawn , form scratch , in each frame , so the expressions and feeling, the faces, the things that make us anticipate to actually find out what's gonna come next , that feeling of suspense , those things are explained as clear as water . Also the emotions are simple so what that character's face is menant to show , or what he's probably feeling , can be clearly understood . The actual reason why im writing this is something that happened yesterday . I see lots of shows on TV and good ones , with great stories an aweomse characters and lots of interesting action . They feel good , but what they actually provide is a way to spend time . Yesterday , after trying to memorize civics in vain for 4 continuous hours , I took a break . I was having dinner at the time , so I opened the TV . Nothing good in Star World , Star Movies , or HBO , so I switch to Animax . I see " The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya " showing again .( which is a movie of a popular anime series in Japan) I had seen a bit of it yesterday itself , when it had also been showing in the morning .That one hour left me SO engrossed that I couldn't get it out of my head for the entire of last night . Like seriously .It's just the style that unconciously draws you in , and before you know it , you've forgotten about four food , and you're staring at the screen , lost . The most fucked up thing was I couldn't see what finally happened at the end after John actually found Haruhi and they decided to secretly break into North High . I had to leave to bloody practice maths for my coming exams . It can't be helped , those are the curses of education , but I woudn't have given up that one hour for the world . The plot was SO interesting to me for some reason , that last night , I decided I would write a story about it . More about this , will be highlighted in my next post . So keep reading till then !

 This is a poster of the film I kept blabbering on about - ( cant help it , but it's all in Japanese )


No comments:

Post a Comment