Monday 1 August 2011

A bite of ecstasy

So one day , I come back from school to find that we have guests . I judge from the conversation and appearances that they must be friend's of my father . As I head for my room with my schoolbag , I see this red-golden box shining . So i pick it up and examine it . The words "Thornton's Melts Caramel " are written on top and I can see many round chocolates inside , decorated like toffees ( by indian standards) . Later that day , I decide to try one out . What reveals itself on opening the wrapper is a ball striped evenly with the colours of milk and dark chocolate . The name of the confectionery is melts right ? So I test the ' melting ' capability of the chocolate . Oh , did I mention that Thornton's is a confectionery brand of UK , so expectations were even higher than usual . On sucking and not biting for approx 30 sec , it started to melt . A creamy sort of chocolately taste filled my mouth , not bad , but nothing new . this continued for the next 20 sec . After the chocolate ball was getting smaller and smaller , suddenly a crack appeared along it's side , and it literally exploded in my mouth . What poured out was delicious golden liquid caramel . Uhhh , the taste can't be compared to anything else . We all know what caramel tastes like right ? But this , this was the very best quality caramel made in London and it was covered everywhere in my mouth . I had been walking about and studying a text book of our school for a test the next day , and when this happened , I literally stopped pacing and stood with an expression of surprise and delight . Well after tasting one melt , all I can say is Dairy Milk ( india's so called best chocolate brand) cant even come close enough to kiss Thornton's ass.( yes , even considering products like silk and bourneville). I can only compare it to the other two best chocolates of all time ( by my choice ) i.e.- Hershey's Nuggets, and Ferro Rochers .One of these will just OWN one of your senses , taste that is . Well , here's what the box I have looks like , though it's already half empty by now :)



1 comment: